Setting Up Your Wi-Fi Pod
Follow these easy steps to set up your Wi-Fi pod and begin enjoying your Distributel Wi-Fi throughout your home:
Be sure your modem is turned off by disconnecting the power cord.
Place your Wi-Fi pod next to your modem. Use the ethernet cable that came with your Wi-Fi Pod to connect one end to the LAN Port 1 and your modem and the other end to a port on your Wi-Fi pod.
Now you can turn your modem back on and plug in your Wi-Fi pod.
Wait until the light on your Wi-Fi pod is solid green. (This might take about 5 minutes.)
Now you’re ready to connect your devices to your home Wi-Fi!
- On the device you want to connect, choose the network name that matches the one on the bottom of your Wi-Fi pod.
- Then type in the password, also on the bottom of your pod.
The light on the pod tells you its status:
Green: It’s ready to use
Yellow: it’s starting up
Blue: It’s setting up
Red: It’s not working or set up properly
Getting the best internet speed with your pod
You can plug a device (e.g. your router) directly into your TP-Link Deco Pod using the ethernet post. Other things can also affect your speed for example, location of your modem and Wi-Fi pods. To get the best speed and coverage, be sure you have enough pods for the size and layout of your home. You can find more tips to optimize your home network here.
Adding more pods
Follow these easy steps to add more pods and get the best coverage on other floors or parts of your home.
Place the new pod where you want it and plug it into a power outlet. Be sure it’s within range of your existing pod.
If the light on the new pod is yellow, move it closer to the main pod until the light turns green.
Tip: Use your smartphone and the TP-Link Deco app to test the Wi-Fi strength in areas throughout your home and help you choose the best location for an additional pod.
Setting up and using the TP-Link Deco app
This app is great for:
- Updating your home network name and password
- Managing your guest network
- Managing parental controls
- Managing your network security
- Download the app from Apple App Store or Google Play.
- On your smartphone, connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Create a TP-Link login ID and sign in.
- The app will automatically link to your pod, and you can start to manage your home network right from your smartphone!
Manage your home network name and password
You can change the Wi-Fi network name and password through the TP-Link Deco App, this article will show you how to do this.
You can change your home network name or password using the app:
Open the app and tap Sign Up to create your TP-Link ID. If you already have an ID log in.
Tap More and then click on Wi-Fi
There are three options: Main Network, Share and Guest Network
Click on and change the Network Name (SSID) or the Password.
Click Save in the top right corner of the screen.
Managing Guest Network
Give your visitors access to your home Wi-Fi without connecting to your private network. This helps to keep your main network secure.
- Tap More on the app home page and then click Wi-Fi
- Toggle on Guest Network
- Tap Security and select WPA2-PSK [AES]
- Create a password to share with your visitors
Managing Parental Controls
The app allows you to decide the content your family can access and when they can be online. It also lets you track the websites and apps they use.
- Log in to the TP-Link Deco app.
- Tap Parental Controls on the app homepage
- Click Add New Profile
- Create a username and click Next
- Choose the filter level and click Next
- Set the time limits and click Next
- Choose the devices you want the controls to apply to and click Done
Managing your network security
The app helps keep your network safe from malicious sites, attacks and infected devices.
- Log in to the TP-Link Deco App
On the app homepage tap Antivirus
Turn on all three options for maximum protection