A speed test can help us solve an issue you may be having.
Here is how to run a test:
- It’s best to connect a computer directly to your modem using an ethernet cable.
- If you don’t have an ethernet port on your computer or an ethernet cable handy, you can still run a speed test using Wi-Fi, but the results might not be as accurate.
Performing a speed test
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net
- Click on Change Server.
- If you live anywhere in Ontario type in Toronto and then choose one of the top three server results.
- If you live anywhere in Quebec type in Montreal and then choose one of the top three server results.
- Click GO to begin your test.
- You will see your results in about a minute
If you connected directly to your modem with an ethernet cable, your download speed should be similar to your Distributel Internet plan (e.g. 75 Mbps or 150 Mbps).
If you did our test using Wi-Fi, the results may vary due to the distance to your router, the location of your router, and the number of devices currently connected.