For privacy and security reasons, only the account holder can request a refund. We will refund the account in the same method it is paid:
- Only the credit card used for the payment will be credited with the refund.
- If your card has expired, you will need to provide the new card expiry date to Distributel. Once the information is updated, the credit will automatically be transferred to your new card.
- If you are no longer using the same credit card, we will issue you the refund by cheque.
Only the bank account used for the payment will be credited with the refund.
If the bank account used to take the payment is closed, we will issue you the refund by cheque.
How long does it take?
If you overpaid your account, the credit balance will carry over to next month's bill reducing the amount owing. If you have requested a refund, note that the processing time depends on the refund type:
- Credit card: 5 business days.
- Direct debit: 5 business days.
- Cheque: Up to 4 weeks.
Equipment Non-Return Fee Refund
If you have returned rented equipment after being charged the non-return fee, it can take up to two weeks to start processing your refund and then the above timeline applies.